Yes I do believe congratulations are in order for my brother Sy-Guy and my new sister-in-law Gabby!
On February 27th, 2010 they tied the knot in California.
Mister Kane and I had the honor of flying out there and attending the wedding.
This was Sy-Guy being nice with the cake till I and various other people voiced our dislike of the cuteness, and Gabby came in with a swipe of cake on the cheek to Sy and he paid back with the whole plate of cake!!! Haha it was awesome! Of course he was sweet enough to wipe the frosting right back off her cheek and give her a kiss :)
Here we have (left) the father of the bride and (right) the father of the groom giving their toasts to the new couple.
Here was a very rare moment where Kane let someone else hold him long enough for me to snap a picture! He was eating a roll, that is why his cheeks are a little silly looking.
And of course before the end of the night I had to get a picture with the new couple!
This one is a little outta order, but it is Kane at the church while pictures were being taken, Aunt Vicky was nice enough to give up a sucker to try and cheer him up. Oh yes and the hat belonged to one of the wedding party....but I can't be sure.
I look absolutely silly in this pic but the first picture came out blurry, and if you can see in the background Kane was not happy to be held by a stranger.
(Right) One of the brides maids and grooms sister (and my sister), miss Klara-bell :)
The wedding was so much fun and it was so nice to see everyone, even if Kane didn't want to have anything to do with anyone other then mommy. Most of the bridal party gave toasts, and they were all humorous and touching. I even got a shout out just before the cutting of the cake! My birthday was the following day and my brother wasn't so wrapped up in his big day that he forgot it was my b-day and had the whole room sing to me! (I was the one too wrapped up that I really did kinda forget my b-day was the next day!) It was so sweet of him and I love him so much and am so proud to have such a great little brother! I can't believe how much my siblings are growing up each time I see them! I have a sister who is graduating from high school this year, and has just blossomed over the last few years since I moved away from home. A sister who is in middle school and still finding her place in this world, but she is doing great. A brother who has the ambition that I lack and is starting his own small business with his girlfriend (who is actually the sister of the bride! hehe). This same brother has also made the steps necesarry to start doing home inspections, to bad the market stinks! (Good luck bro in all your endeavors!)
And then of course my closest sibling who just got married and is starting a new chapter in his life. He is currently serving our country in the Army and about to be sent overseas for his second tour. Not so happy about that part :( But I know that in all he does he will be watched over and that Heavenly Father loves him and that many prayers are and will be said for him. I also wish Good luck to you that you stay safe and return to your wife in a short six months and get to enjoy the beginning of your marriage!



1 comment:
YAY! PICTURES! It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL and FUN wedding. They are definately meant to be! I loved the speaches, the energy of the guests, and seeing my best friend and her little man *wink* So glad you made it out here for your widdle brovers wedding! Aww, I cant believe little Simon...eh um...excuse me, Karl, is a married man. Congratulations to the both of them! Mr. and Mrs. Diffenbaugh!
Post a Comment