Some things that have happened while Nolen has been training :)
1) I bought myself a double stroller, a German one! It was posted on a website for over here and the lady was selling it for 80 and I talked her down to 60! Brand new they were going between just over 200 euro to just over 300 euro. All the websites were in German so I couldn't read any reviews haha. It is nice but it is also a beast and a little hard to turn :( What I really wanted was a side-by-side jogging stroller, but can't be to picky for 60 bux! I do want to find out if I can get replacement wheels because the rubber is worn from use, and the roads are covered with gravel from the winter and have beat em up a lil.
2)Both boy got check-ups and shots :( That was one rough and sad day! A couple hours after Zeke got his he all of a sudden started screaming uncontrollably, even when I tried to nurse him. I changed his diaper and that is when I saw that his left thigh was warm to the touch and red and a lil swollen. My poor babe was in so much pain and I didn't have any infant pain reliever, darn commissary :P Kane was limping as well and kept saying "Owe mommy." Talk about breaking my heart. That night he fell asleep on the chair in the living room and when I picked him up to put him in bed he freaked out and kept his legs straight so I couldn't touch them. And then at some point during the night he woke up screaming and when I got to his room (two floors above me) he was standing next to his bed leaning on it crying. I don't know if he was just in pain and didn't know what to do or if he somehow managed to fall. He actually sleeps really well on his bed with no railing thank goodness!
3) I yet again proved that I am super-wife and figured out getting our HHG (household goods) shipped! Yippee!! In just about 2 months we will finally be reunited with all of our STUFF!!! Oh man will that feel nice and way more settling to finally have pictures and books and toys for the boys again!
4) I have been meeting a ton of girls here and am so happy to that way I won't be to lonely when Nolen deploys. We have gone on lunch dates and bumped into each other while shopping :) Gotta love facebook and those awkward introduction "Hi, your so-and-so from facebook right" haha ok maybe not those exact words but pretty close!
5)I have managed to take Kane to the park twice, even if he isn't to sure what to do cause the equipment is not to toddler friendly.
6) Finally met the neighbors and their FOUR boys! Kane is in LOVE haha. Maybe more with the toys but he still gets excited when he hears them and yells "Momma boys!" LOL!
7) Kane is still trying to be the man of the house, protecting Mommy and helping with all things brother :)
8) And of course missing our husband and daddy.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment