Kane has a couple of hurdles that he is going to have to work through in order to be am active little squirt. His first one is that his right foot is a club foot. A club foot is where it is turned in and up. In order to correct this we have to take him to a specialist every Monday where they pull his foot to the correct position slowly and cast it. So every week they cut off the old cast turn his foot more towards the correct position and than re-cast it. This will go on for six weeks. At the end of the six weeks they will cut his big tendon ( don't laugh at me if i spell this wrong "Achilles" tendon. ) hopefully that's right. And than they just let it grow back together to the correct length. After that step he will need to wear a brace for 3 months straight. And after that a brace to bed every night for 4 years. And hopefully by then he will be a strong rambunctious boy.
The second one is his hematoma. He has what is called a Cephal Hematoma on the right side of his head. This was caused by a rushed delivery from the doctor. They told us that the swelling would go down and that there is nothing they could do to further the process and not to worry about it. Well now it has calcified and has become bone hard. I have researched this online and have found out that 60% of these cases go away as the head grows it flantens out and is no longer visable. The other 40% have a mis-shaped head for life. I am scared for him because i know how mean little kids can get when they dont like something about someone. But to us he is a perfect little man who brings so much joy in our family.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I feel so bad for the little guy. I am sure he will be just fine and get over all the little things. he is so dang cute and getting o big. I can't wait to meet him I am so excited to see you guys.
Good luck with everything! That's gotta be so hard!
Post a Comment