The kids have been in Arizona now for a week! It has definitly been a learning and trying experience so far. Today was my 3rd day dealing with the kids solo while Nolen is at work and I think I am slowly getting used to them being around. At first I thought I was gonna go crazy! Who knew (well when I think back I do know) that kids can bicker and tease and flat out not listen all day long?! Don't get me wrong, when they understand what is expected they do their best but sometimes they just give me a blank stare like I am speaking Chinese! haha. They are also big helps! Even though you have to almost tell them step by step, they will pick up their stuff and put their clothes away and help get things for the little two guys.
We have been going to the pool almost everyday. I was nervous at first to take all of them to the pool alone but we have had three successful days! Except yesterday...Aaron got stung by a bee! We were on our way to the pool when a teenage boy was walking towards us and suddenly started to run and yelled, "Watch out a beehive!!" Sure enough in the same spot that I have seen several dead bees there was a pretty large size swarm of bees! I had to scream to get the kids to turn around because they were not sure what was going on (I was talking Chinese remember?) and then all of a sudden Aaron is screaming and holding his head! I didn't even put two and two together right away. Poor kid had no idea why his head was hurting all of a sudden.
Kemper isn't potty trained yet and for a brief second I was going to try. Then I realized that we don't have a stool for the poor guy to sit on the big potty nor do we have a little potty for him. By the time we get one we may only have a week or two of trying before he goes home with his mom.
These poor kids have also had some BORING moments here. It is already hot outside and we have virtually no toys or things for them to play with inside. That was until today! My friend Jen brought over some of her son's toys and the kids had a blast playing (and fighting) with them. Yesterday we actually went over to Jen's and the kids got to play with her 2 year old and this cute lil girl she was baby sitting (I am her visiting teacher also).
We didn't do anything super special last weekend for Memorial Day, but we did go to the park. The kids had blast feeding the ducks and we had some yummy burgers, chicke and corn on the cob!



No comments:
Post a Comment