That's right, holy smokes its Christmas! However, lets all not forget about the true reason we celebrate and should look forward to this special season. I have had some very inspirational and special, spiritual moments this season and I need to share my feelings of this wonderful time. I have seen and received so many acts of giving, love, and service this season. At times we as people get so wrapped up in the things that the world believes Christmas is all about, that we loose sight of the love of our Father in Heaven. I feel so sorry for those that are so lost in the propaganda of this evil world. I feel so sorry for those that feel it is just a holiday season. I feel so sorry for those that think love and happiness comes in packages and parties. Lets not forget that Christmas starts with Christ. I love being a member of this great church and holy work. I love the strength of a ward family and the strength of the gospel. The other day i heard a knock on my next door neighbors door and looked out the window to see what was going on. Our neighbor is a single mother with not much at all. This knock at the door was a couple of brethren from the ward, they had gifts for this woman. As she answered the door she greeted them and said hello. They handed her a plate of goodies and said that they have been thinking of her lately and want her to know that they are here for her. Once she said thank you, these two men said that they also have something else for her. I looked in the parking lot and saw a truck full of brand new furniture. I knew it was new because it still had all the tags on the arms of the couches. She received two couches a love seat a coffee table and two end tables. I could not help but to feel love and joy for these two men and this woman. Wow!!! Not many people would do these kind of things for just anybody. Not many people except for those in a ward family. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and the love that shows all his children on earth. We have also been shown love this month by friends of our ward. I am so thankful this year for everything that everybody has done for us. I would also like to give everyone who reads this blog a challenge. I challenge all of you, "Even you Lisa", whether you are LDS or not to watch this years First Presidency Christmas Devotional, you can find this at lds.org. I don't care if you think that you need Christ or not this season. Everybody needs Christ every day. Please take the time and watch it. It brings such a wonderful feeling into your soul and home and helps you remember what this time of year is all about.
I love you all and wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas. Love, Nolen-Aimee-Aaron-Kodi-Kemper-Kane.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment