Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love love love ♥

First off I must say that my son is the most amazing, miraculous thing that has ever happened to us and and so happy God has entrusted us with him.
But how is it that as you are learning to care for this new life you forget how to live the rest of your life? You have to learn how to separate your time for yourself, your hubby, and your family. This new life just envelopes you and steals all of your attention with their amazing smiles and laughter and everything new they learn everyday that intrigues me so. How do you do this? How do you make sure your other relationships do not suffer because you are completely intrigued by your little one? How do you keep from feeling absolutely selfish for thinking this? I may not even be wording this how I want it to come across.....but mostly I worry about my hubby. I fear that now that we both work at separate times and spend less time together all of my focus will be with Kane and I will forget to keep us in working order. But I also think that because I am worried I am also acknowledging and will not let us go down the pooper. If you are curious where these thoughts have come from, it is from looking at recent pictures. I was looking at pictures and realized the hubby is not in many! WHAT?! Every picture used to be of US! How did this happen? Oh yeah we had the most amazing little man in the world and now our world is revolving around him and not us.
Well
DUH when I put it that way it makes all the sense in the world.

1 comment:

(¯'·.¸ ♥ мяs. gяiswoℓ∂ ♥¸.·'¯) said...

You are a smart woman, and the fact that you aknowledge that you have to keep you and Nolan in working order is what is going to keep you guys in working order. Did that make since? Basically, dont forget that you two still matter. Without you guys there would be no Kane, and you know that. You guys will be fine, just dont forget to talk to eachother and take time out for eachother. Although your lives revolve around Kane right now, you will find that as he gets older its easier to keep your relationship strong and functional. You love Nolan, no dout, so Im sure you have nothing to worry about. Life gets in the way, but thats how it goes and you always find a way to work around it.